Raisin Spelt Muffins
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) of softened butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Butter a 6 or 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Stir in applesauce, eggs, orange juice and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter-egg mixture until combined. Then gently stir in the raisins or craisins.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, approximately 30 minutes.
Small Valley Milling //smallvalleymilling.com/